Symantec Consultancy and Professional Services
Whether you are a customer or software supplier, you can contract us to deliver Symantec consultancy services.
CST have partnered with Symantec for over 18 years.
In 2011 Symantec divested itself of its own Consultancy Department, and at the same time created a scheme for Partners to deliver on their behalf. CST reached MASTER SECURITY status and (amongst many other awards) remained the only UK partner to have achieved this. The Master award required peer reviews, technical qualifications, customer satisfaction surveys and the use of best practice techniques. The Master program has moved on, however CST's professional approach, and delivery quality remains the same.
We continue to be one of the few Partners in the UK that are subcontracted by Symantec themselves, as well delivering Symantec consultancy via resellers, and channel partners.
Symantec technologies we know
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) - multi endpoint security with AV, USB control, Host NAC, Machine Learning, Sandbox & Intrusion prevention, including partial and fully managed SEP service options.
- Managed Security Service (MSS) - augmenting Symantec's security incident monitoring services, incorporating: Care plans, Bespoke Configuration, Report/Alerting, Incident management, and Localised onsite support
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) - alternative protection of targeted and covert threats within the: Network, Email and the Endpoint
- Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) and Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange (SMSMSE) - onsite email content control, and malware protection
- Endpoint Encryption (formerly Guardian Edge & PGP Security) - encryption of attached media, hard-drive, network files, email, and third party file transfer protocols
- Symantec Control Compliance Suite (CCS) - assessing and measuring policies or best practice standards, for technical controls and procedural actions
- Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) - malware scanning of files during file transfer protocols (such as website uploads), and within proprietary storage mediums (such as NAS)
- Symantec Data Centre: Security (DCS:S) - agentless/low foot-print malware protection for virtualized platforms; optimised for speed and resource improvement
- Symantec Data Centre: Security Advanced (DCS:SA) / Symantec Embedded Security: Critical System Protection (SES:CSP) - non-signature based host protection, incorporating: FIM, OS and app hardening, least privilege access, and service sand boxing
- Symantec Cloud (AKA Messagelabs) - policy design, configuration, on-boarding and early life support (ELS) Services to ensure fast, effective and security optimised adoption
Symantec Consulting Service options
- Strategy & Architecture Design. Establish a customer's security objectives, understand the environment, and contrast with the Solution functionality and operational parameters to create high and low level designs.
- Quick-Start. Rapid deployment and installation on a limited representative sample of systems. This is chosen where the customer plans to complete the full roll out themselves, but wishes to quickly get to grips with the key setup tasks, design and benefit from knowledge transfer.
- Deployment. Undertaking the full or partial Implementation of the Security Solution design. This option can remove the need for client personnel involvement, although we recommend that key staff are present to ensure product awareness and education.
- Upgrade. Optimum performance and security protection will at some point require product upgrade. This service ensures existing options and policies are maintained, while introducing new functionality with supporting knowledge transfer.
- Health-Check. An assessment and analysis to ensure optimum configuration of security solution. Providing suggestions for improvement and best practice adoption. The scope of the service typically includes a review of: version, installation review, sub component validation
- Architecture & structure design
- Policy and configuration best practice
- Functionality usage, and feature adoption
- ELS (Early Life Support). A service to assist Customers post- deployment, to help their technical team with the early stages of new technology adoption; to ensure optimum usage and technical familiarity.
- Managed Solution Service. Designed to remove, and/or significantly reduce the resource burdens that a Customer has to sustain for the administration, usage and optimum performance of the Symantec solution or technology.